COMMUNITY CONTENT MANAGER
We’re looking for a Community Manager who is ready to join us in the pursuit to explore and create through inspiring connections.
The roots of Stranded on Land was founded on INSPIRATION, on + offline. Our goal with everything we do is to inspire action. Through movement, creating, collaborations, the outdoors, and travel, we encourage others to wholeheartedly seek the space to take action + live out what this means to them.
Stranded on Land is a contributed platform. A collection of stories, guides + experiences that encourage, educate + empower our community to #getoutsidethegrind. We tell the tales for + to an eclectic community ranging from the weekend warriors to the everyday adventurers, proving that outdoor exploration, travel, and adventure is possible for everyone, anywhere. We partner with freelance creatives, conscious brands + boutique companies nationwide and around the world.
We’re a small, self-funded evolving brand currently curated by women who see the world differently. To us, Stranded on Land is not a blog, a job or a lifestyle, and we’re not just content creators. We’re innovators, explorers, storytellers, inspirational leaders, educators, connectors + visionaries evolving the way people connect to travel + the outdoors.
Our process is continually evolving and a team effort. Each person that’s part of our team is fully + wholeheartedly involved, day in + out. Everyone’s opinion matters. We operate like a family and take ownership, leadership, and find our own personal advocacies and dedication as we collectively grow a brand that we believe in and a platform we call our own. We know that with every effort we commit to means more growth for not only the brand, but for ourselves, the community + the impacts we’re able to make on the world.
* Connections to the Earth + the living things that call it home. The plants, the sea, the animals + the people. Living life more consciously as a whole.
* Incorporation of this as part of our daily mission, both personally + through all the things we do at Stranded on Land.
* Education + sharing what we discover about how to live, travel + explore more consciously.
* Staying true to our belief in people over profits by consistently seeking to support brands, companies, and organizations that believe the same.
* Providing a trusted resource for our community to grow in the initiative of exploring to create experiences that inspire.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
A community leader, brand champion + authentic advocate, on + offline. This is the key element to the Stranded on Land team as you are curating the extension of the internal tribe, you’re a leader of the pack. Day-to-day, you’re getting people hyped about Stranded on Land. Telling + sharing what we’re all about + helping us organically grow our community.
The Community Manager role is an evolving position. As we grow, you grow.
On and offline day to day engagements, personal social media + digital platforms, and organic/strategic partnerships
COMMUNITY CONTENT MANAGEMENT:
Develop and manage the Freelance Content Contributor team.
Source for 2-3 consistent monthly content contributors
* Assign internal content pitches
* Receive + filter external content pitches from contributors
* Assign + manage deadlines
* Edit contributed content + prepare for Senior Editor
* Content Curation
* Share live content with contributor community
* Share live content through your own digital outreach
* Prepare community contributed content for SOL social sharing
Discover, pitch, and execute intriguing, interactive ideas to build community on + offline
Share industry progressions that align with the brand
Pitch content ideas, partnerships + internal structure/organizational processes
Content creation + contribution of stories, guides + experiences monthly
Production assistance for client projects as needed
Initial edit of contributed content
Manage, track, and submit budget + expenses
* Expense paid travel, dining + experiences
* Link to your own personal portfolio, social profiles + website/blogs
* The opportunity to grow with a growing brand
COMMITMENT + COMPENSATION:
This role has a 90-day trial to start which will be re-evaluated at the end of the contract period. KPI’s and monthly goals will be assigned that will need to be met for a monthly stipend of $500/month.
* A strong interest + understanding for travel + outdoors
* An active social media presence + understanding of digital media
* Your own vehicle, laptop + DSLR
* Knowledge of and interest in copywriting, photography + graphic design
* Interest in growth with a company, entrepreneurship, and company culture + community
*Ideal candidate should reside in Southern California and be able to commute to North County San Diego for training and monthly meetings.
Send an email with the following information to email@example.com
* SUBJECT LINE: SOL Community Manager
* Link to your online portfolio and/or website/blog
* Link to your social media accounts
* 2-3 paragraphs about you, who you are, what you’re into, and what inspires you to Join the Stranded on Land community.
* 2-3 pictures that best showcase your personality
* Your email, phone number and anything else you’d like us to know about you.