• Kodiak Cakes Flap Jacks on the Go Mix
• 1 ripe Banana
• Filtered water
• Almond butter
• Coconut Oil
• Campstove + propane
• Small skillet
• Spoon (for stirring), knife (for slicing + spreading), plate + fork, option (for eating)
• We used 2 containers (Blueberry + Maple and Cinnamon + Maple) to make our camp site flap jacks. Add water to one + slowly add in dry mix from the other until you have the consistency and thickness you like your pancakes to be.
• Slice 1 banana into 1/4 inch slices + set aside
• Light stove + keep flame low. Melt coconut oil to coat the skillet
• Pour 2 inch size dollops of mix into the warmed skillet and cook till brown on one side + flip to finish.
• Top with a spread of almond butter + a few banana slices and serve hot.
• We used 2 containers for 3 people. Could have easily used 3 for a little more filling but this got us through 5 miles + well into lunch.
Stranded on Land